Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sun Dogs

this morning on the way in to work I saw the most amazing pair of Sun dogs. We don't get the very often around here and I have never seen a pair with complete rainbow arcs. I wish I had a camera, so I could show you what they look like. But I didn't, so I'll content myself with saying that they were the most amazing things I've seen in a long time. The rainbow arcs stretched all the way from the horizon to about 45° above the Sun, say a quarter of the circle surrounding the sun. You had the feeling that if you could just keep your head at the right angle, you could see a full rainbow circle. I think I was the only one who really paid any attention to it; it would be nice if we all took little more time to appreciate the beauty around us.

No comments: