Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Sprint just doesn't get it.

So I am reading the Washington Post today and there is an article about Sprint investing in new technology in order to improve their market share. What a joke! I am in the process of dumping every sprint product I have. Earthlink went first, then Sprint PCS. Home long distance is next. Why am I dropping Sprint? It sure isn’t because they lack web browser capacity.

Nope, I dropped Sprint because their customer service sucks. They treat existing customers like an asset that cannot go anywhere. I did not have many problems but the ones I had were huge. Like I had to sign a new contract to get the promotion they sent me an offer for but then they did not give me the promotion (they gave me a different one). Called and they promised to correct it. Didn’t happen. Called again, oh yeah, we can fix that. But instead they added the feature and changed me for it. Called back: “Too bad. You can cancel the contract if you like but it will cost you $200.” Needless to say, I was in the market for a new service.

Did offer them the chance to keep me. I wanted more minutes. But they would not give me any better offer than their new customers. Switched to Alltell and got a much better deal for the same price. Now if I could just get Sprint to give me my refund...

Sorry Sprint, too bad your customers are leaving. If you want them to come back, better improve your customer service. Oh, and offer competitive pricing.

No comments: